MyCountDown

Friday 21 August 2015

It's Universal...

The plan for today was to head back to Universal for the day. We were parked up by 9.30am and heading for the park.

Which one I hear you ask? It had to be Isle of Adventures as Miss B and Miss H wanted to ride the Hulk. I'm not going to list all the rides, suffice to say we rode all the favourites.

We had lunch at Mythos, which is a restaurant in IoA. It has won the best theme park restaurant for the last 6 years. Don't ask me who else was judged, I just know it is always busy and the food is fab.

After lunch we boarded the Hogwarts Express to take us to Kings Cross in Universal Studios.

Again we did the key rides and left the park before heading out to eat. The thunderstorms were rolling in.

We headed out to International Drive, very close to where we stayed when we first brought the girls to the States. A lot has changed but at the same time we recognised some familiar sights.

Tea was at Coopers Hawk Winery and Restaurant. A very nice eatery, but well priced. On the way home we were treated to an amazing lightning show.

I liken driving along International Drive akin to driving in Central London - absolute carnage.

We arrived home over 12 hours after we left this morning. A great day but very exhausting.

I will leave you with a picture I took this morning as I waited for everyone to get ready.


That's all for today... Pop back tomorrow if you feel inclined for an update.